The well-known and loved story of Betsy Ross sewing the first Stars & Stripes is tightly woven into the colorful fabric of America's rich history. The Betsy Ross House, the birthplace of the American flag, is alive with the sights and sounds of the 18th century. Tour the house and then stay a while longer to learn more about Betsy and her exciting life and times through our interactive, historical programming.
Location & Hours
The Betsy Ross House is located in Philadelphia's Old City neighborhood in the heart of the Historic District and steps away from Independence National Park.
Hours: Friday - Monday, 10 am - 5 pm
New Visitor Information:
- The Betsy Ross House is open to the public for self-guided tours.
- After the tour, visitors can meet Betsy Ross on stage in the Courtyard and browse the Museum Shop for souvenirs and unique gifts.
- Face masks are required for all visitors and staff, including Betsy, in the Historic House, Courtyard, and inside the Museum Shop.
- In order to maintain social distancing, each group will be limited to parties of 6. If your party is larger than 6, please be prepared to visit the Historic House in separate groups of 6 or fewer.
- Due to current renovations, restrooms are not available.
- As of July 1, 2020, City of Philadelphia regulations REQUIRE the use of face masks in all public spaces in the City of Philadelphia and are reminded to maintain a 6-foot social distance between their group and others.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Historic Philadelphia, Inc. retains the right to cancel, postpone, close attractions at any time. In the event of inclement weather every effort will be made to ensure operations upon the return of safe operating conditions. In the event of a complete cancellation, rain checks will be issued with proof of purchase.
Funding for the Betsy Ross House is supported by a grant from the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, a state agency funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Adults:$5 BUY TICKETS »
- Children/Seniors/Military/Students:$4 BUY TICKETS »
- ACCESS Cardholders:$2 BUY TICKETS »
Please note: The nearly 300-year-old narrow, winding stairs of the Betsy Ross House are not accessible to strollers, wheelchairs, walkers, or motorized scooters. For guests with mobility issues, the Museum offers a “first-floor tour”, which includes some walking and two steps up/down. The courtyard, including Betsy Ross’s grave and a seasonal medicinal herb garden, the museum store, and exhibition gallery are all accessible. Please refer to our staff when you arrive, we are happy to accommodate any needs to ensure a fun and informative visit to our museum!
Group ToursThe Betsy Ross House looks forward to welcoming you groups for a safe visit. Group rates are available for 20 or more guests.
Additional InformationFor additional information regarding ticketing, special accommodations, or other inquiries, please call 215-629-5801 or email:email@example.com
Betsy Ross House Virtual Tour
Want to check out some of the House's rooms before your visit?
Take the virtual 360-degree tour.
Plan your group trip to Historic Philadelphia with unique experiences from the Betsy Ross House, Franklin Square, and Once Upon A Nation! From interactive Storytelling tours and Philadelphia-themed mini golf to performances by historic reenactors, it's all listed right here!