Celebrate Your Holidays in Franklin Square
New Electrical Spectacle Holiday Light Show
Franklin Square is everyone’s destination for holiday fun, traditions and celebrations this season. The Square will open at 10 am daily, and will light up nightly at 4 pm for holiday activities— featuring the new Electrical Spectacle: A Holiday Light Show. Enjoy holiday music on the Parx Liberty Carousel and new “hot spots” to stay warm at Philly Mini Golf. Enjoy seasonal snacks and warm beverages along with holiday shopping and special gift packages!
Sparked by Benjamin Franklin’s imagination, the Electrical Spectacle Holiday Light Show is a new holiday tradition and the key to holiday fun in Franklin Square! More than 50,000 lights will create two alternating shows every 30 minutes (4:30 to 8 pm, November 14 – December 31) to a holiday soundtrack by The Philly POPS® conducted by Music Director Emeritus Peter Nero. The Electrical Spectacle will illuminate the historical fountain, buildings and trees around the Square! A volunteer from the audience will be selected to countdown the 4:30 pm show each day.
Franklin Square’s Electrical Spectacle is funded by a grant from the William Penn Foundation. Special thanks to The Philly POPS®, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 98, MJK Electrical Corporation, Visit Philadelphia and Econsult Solutions.
Philly Mini Golf
Holiday warming stations will keep golfers warm as they putt around this Philadelphia-themed miniature golf course! 18 holes feature Philadelphia landmarks such as the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Ben Franklin Bridge, Chinatown Gate, and Liberty Bell.
Adults: $9, Children 3-12: $7
Parx Liberty Carousel
Hop on this spectacular all-American style carousel playing holiday music through December 31. Center City’s only carousel features a zebra, a lion, an eagle, a dragon and more!
Ages 3+: $2.50 per ride, Children 2 and under FREE.
Franklin Square Gift Shop
Stop in for a selection of fun and unique holiday gifts, ornaments, LED novelties and Franklin Square-themed souvenirs.
Seasonal Fare from Philly Food Trucks
Sweet and savory seasonal selections provided by food trucks from the Philadelphia Mobile Food Truck Association will provide a rotating variety of favorites from 4 - 8 pm daily. Plus every day, our food tent serves fresh funnel cake, batter-dipped fried Oreos, chicken tenders and fries, and hot chocolate.
The December Schedule for food trucks is as follows (subject to change):
- December 1: The Grill Cheese
- December 3: The Grill Cheese
- December 4: Prime Stache and Sum Pig
- December 5: BrazB.Q., Surf and Turf Truck, and Undrgrnd Donuts
- December 6: The Cow and the Curd
- December 7: The Grill Cheese
- December 8: BrazB.Q. and Chef Johnny Bravo’s Surf n Turf
- December 9: Prime Stache
- December 10: The Grill Cheese
- December 11: Phoebe’s Bar-B-Q and Poi Dog Snack Shop
- December 12: Lil Trent’s Treats, and Undrgrnd Donuts
- December 13: The Cow and the Curd and Surf and Turf Truck
- December 14: BrazB.Q., Cheese E. Wagon, and Poi Dog Snack Shop
- December 15: The Grill Cheese, Phoebe’s Bar-B-Q, and Prime Stache
- December 17: The Grill Cheese
- December 18: Local 215 and Sum Pig
- December 19: The Cow and the Curd, Phoebe’s Bar-B-Q, and Undrgrnd Donuts
- December 20: Cheese E. Wagon, Prime Stache, and Sum Pig
- December 21: The Grill Cheese and Lil Trent’s Treats,
- December 22: BrazB.Q. and Chef Johnny Bravo’s Surf n Turf
- December 23: Cheese E. Wagon and Prime Stache
- December 24: The Grill Cheese and Local 215
- December 25: Closed
- December 26: The Grill Cheese, and Undrgrnd Donuts
- December 27: Phoebe’s Bar-B-Q, The Cow and the Curd, and Sum Pig
- December 28: Cheese E. Wagon and Surf and Turf Truck
- December 29: The Grill Cheese, and Chef Johnny Bravo’s
- December 30: BrazB.Q., Prime Stache, and Surf and Turf Truck
- December 31: The Cow and the Curd, The Grill Cheese, and Surf and Turf Truck
Holiday Events & Programs
Lightning Bolt Holiday Express
Saturdays & Sundays, November 16-December 29, 4:30-7:30 pm
$5 adults / $4 children
All aboard this holiday train ride around the Square!
MoreFM™ Holiday Fun Days
MoreFM™, the official radio partner of Holidays in Franklin Square will bring on music, games, and on air personalities to Franklin Square throughout the season. FREE
Saturday, November 16 (Dave Moore)
Sunday, November 24 (Jessie Jordan)
Saturday, November 30 (Andrea Duffy)
Saturday, December 7 (Bill Tafrow)
Saturday, December 14 (Blaire Galaton)
Sunday, December 22 (Margo Marano)
Saturday, December 28 (Dave Moore)
Tuesday, December 31, (Andrea Duffy)
Santa's Arrival in Franklin Square
Friday, November 29, 4-7 pm
Kick off the holiday season with a visit from Santa Claus!
Saturdays, November 30 – December 21, 4-7 pm
Santa returns to Franklin Square Saturdays through Christmas to pose for photos and collect wish lists!
Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides
November 29 through December 22
Monday through Friday, 6-8 pm
Saturday through Sunday, 4-8 pm
Pull up a blanket and experience the elegance and simplicity of 76 Carriage Company rides from Franklin Square.
$40 & $50 for up to five people based on tour length
Kids’ New Year’s Eve Countdown
December 31, 3 - 6 pm
Enjoy music and crafts before the Square Drop from atop SquareBurger at 6 pm and Penn’s Landing fireworks, viewable from the Square. The indoor Pavilion will host a Kids Dance Party and the park will remain open until 8 pm for the final Electrical Spectacle Holiday Light Show. FREE
Franklin Square's Holiday Passport
Treat the kids (or kids at heart) to a Franklin Square Holiday Passport- one carousel ride, one round of mini golf, one cup of hot chocolate, and “Electrical Spectacles” glasses. Kids $13, adults $15. Available through December 31st.
National Carousel Day
July 25, 10 am - 5 pm
Celebrate National Carousel Day with a buy one-get one free tickets to the Parx Liberty Carousel!
Franklin Square's 8th Birthday
July 31, 11 am - 1 pm
Join us for Franklin Square's 8th birthday and enjoy some cake cut by Ben Franklin, himself!
You Might Be Interested In...
Pictures from the Electrical Spectacle Holiday Light Show
We sing. We toast. We drink! Cheers to the spirits of '76 on this Colonial pub crawl. Join us for a Thursday evening romp through Historic Philadelphia with appetizers and drinks!
Experience a 360-degree 3D journey through the symbols of our nation’s freedom.
Plan your group trip to Historic Philadelphia with unique experiences from the Betsy Ross House, Franklin Square, Lights of Liberty, and Once Upon A Nation! From interactive Storytelling tours and Philadelphia-themed mini golf to performances by historic reenactors and dazzling 360 shows, it's all listed right here!