Groups at the Betsy Ross House
This isn’t the same Betsy Ross House you remember! No trip to Historic Philadelphia would be complete without a visit to the home of America’s most famous flagmaker. Meet Betsy in person in her upholstery shop and learn about her fascinating life and career. You’ll learn about Betsy’s undercover activities, her family life, and of course the iconic flag sewing story.
- All Groups: $2 per person (adults/children/seniors/military/students)
- March 1 - November 30: 10 am - 5 pm, daily
- December 1 - February 28: 10 am - 5 pm, Tuesdays - Sundays
Walk-up tickets are available at the Betsy Ross House front desk for all school groups. Advanced reservations are required for tour operators.
Application for Free Group Admission for Title I Schools
Through the Peter and Kathy Linneman Scholarship Fund, 2,500 free tickets to the Betsy Ross House are available to Title I schools. To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be a Title I school in Philadelphia, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or Bucks Counties, PA; Camden County, NJ; or New Castle County, DE.
To request free Betsy Ross House admission for your Title I school group, please send the name of your district, school name, the approximate number of students and chaperones, and your requested date and time of your visit to Linnell Truchon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Teachers will be notified within 5 business days if their application has been accepted.
Please note that for Title 1 schools visiting through the Linneman Scholarship Fund, 1 chaperone for every 10 students is welcome to free admission. A $2 admission fee is required for every chaperone over the allowable limit. In exchange for free admission, we request that the teacher complete a brief survey that will be emailed to them following the visit.
We encourage teachers to utilize the Betsy Ross House curriculum booklet, found here, to supplement their visit.
- K-12 educators planning student group trips to the Betsy Ross House, please contact our Education Coordinator at, email@example.com or call 215.629.5801 x240 for all tour inquiries.
- For additional information regarding all other group tour bookings (tour operators, etc.), special accommodations, or other inquiries, please contact the Group Sales Department at firstname.lastname@example.org call 215.629.5801 x209.
As the saying goes, "Philly's more fun when you stay over!" From five-star hotels with gorgeous views of Independence National Historical Park to economic family-style hotels, discover charming rooms within walking distance of all the sights in Historic Philadelphia.