The Historic Philadelphia mission is to make our nation's history relevant and real through interpretation, interaction and education, strengthening Greater Philadelphia's role as the destination to experience American history.
Positions will be listed below when available. To respond to these jobs, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls or walk-ins, please.
Festival Hospitality Representatives
The Philadelphia Chinses Lantern Festival in Franklin Square is back again this summer, May 1st-June 30th. Historic Philadelphia, Inc. is seeking Festival Hospitality Representatives to help bring this unique cultural experience to the Philadelphia area once more.
- Providing excellent customer service to everyone attending the Philadelphia Chinese Lantern Festival by being prepared, a willingness to assist visitors while greeting everyone with a warm smile and attitude.
- Giving information about all that the Chinese Lantern Festival has to offer to our guests.
- Maintaining a positive image of Historic Philadelphia by conducting yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintaining Historic Philadelphia’s family image by abiding by the Historic Philadelphia dress code and code of conduct.
- Proactively approaching guests to welcome them to the festival and provide direction to the next step of their visit.
- Answering Phones
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Ability to have continuous standing and/or walking activity throughout the assigned shift
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Cash handling and basic math skills
- Capability of working independently or as a member of a team
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to provide the highest level of speed of service for a large volume of Guests in an efficient and calm manner
- Ability to cope and deal with large numbers of people
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain a professional relationship with other team members and superiors.
- Critical thinking and adaptability to quickly evolving situations.
- Ability to work the 5pm -11:30pm
- Open availability, Mondays to Sundays (Weekends & holidays Required)
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Will be required to submit PA Child Abuse Clearance
Historic Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace
Job Type: Part-time 16-April-June 30th, 2019
Plan your group trip to Historic Philadelphia with unique experiences from the Betsy Ross House, Franklin Square, and Once Upon A Nation! From interactive Storytelling tours and Philadelphia-themed mini golf to performances by historic reenactors, it's all listed right here!