Family Presidents' Day Weekend Events
February 20th is Presidents' Day and you can celebrate all weekend long with free family activities at the Betsy Ross House and the Liberty 360 Show in the PECO Theater at the Historic Philadelphia Center!
- Presidential Stories by Once Upon A Nation - Learn lesser-known, intriguing stories told by fun and interactive Once Upon A Nation Storytellers. Great for everyone in the family! February 18, 19, and 20; 2-5pm; at Liberty 360 Show in the PECO Theater, located inside the Historic Philadelphia Center, 6th & Chestnut Streets.
- A Tale of Two Georges - Guess whether some facts about George Washington are true or not
- A story about George Washington's Hero - Who was George Washington's Hero, and how did his hero affect the outcome of the Revolution?
- Birthday Bash - How did Martha's Washington's birthday party for George Washington improve our chance of winning the Revolution?
- Washington's First Inaugural Ball - A story about George Washington's historic journey to his first Presidential inauguration
- Valley Forge Veterans Return - A poignant story about George Washington's nostalgic visits to Valley Forge long after the War
- Abe Lincoln's visit to Independence Hall - A story about Lincoln's journey to his first inaugural ball
- Washington's favorite Spy - A swashbuckling, interactive story about George Washington's spy at Valley Forge
- The Battle That Had no Battleground - George Washington chooses a genius inventor to devise a plan to attack enemy ships, after the British take over Philadelphia
- General Wayne and the Cow - A story about starvation, hunger and misery at Valley Forge... it's a pretty funny story!
- Historic Chocolate Making - Join us for FREE Historic Chocolate Making demonstrations & tastings at the birthplace of the American flag – the Betsy Ross House! How exactly did townspeople make chocolate in the 17th century? With a rebellion against tea and everything British, our forefathers proudly chose hot chocolate and coffee drinks as symbols of freedom. Thus began chocolate’s uniquely American journey of good taste. Come in from the cold and listen, watch, and taste!
- Kids' Crafts! - Create a "Future President" cockade ribbon! February 18, 19, and 20; 2-5pm; at Liberty 360 Show in the PECO Theater, located inside the Historic Philadelphia Center, 6th & Chestnut Streets.
After celebrating Presidents' Day, take a journey through liberty and the iconic symbols of America in the Liberty 360 Show in the PECO Theater!
- Also visit the Spring Trip Planning page to find out all the unique and adventurous things you and your family can do in Historic Philadelphia! Visiting the Liberty Bell? Get information here!
All events, shows, attractions, and programs are subject to change without notice due to factors beyond the control of Historic Philadelphia, Inc. Historic Philadelphia, Inc. is a non-profit organization that operates the Betsy Ross House, Franklin Square, Lights of Liberty, and Once Upon A Nation.
Click the video above to play!View Video Gallery »
Plan your group trip to Historic Philadelphia with unique experiences from the Betsy Ross House, Franklin Square, Lights of Liberty, and Once Upon A Nation! From interactive Storytelling tours and Philadelphia-themed mini golf to performances by historic reenactors and dazzling 3-D shows, it's all listed right here!
You Might Also Like...
Cheers to the spirits of '76! Once Upon A Nation's Colonial pub crawl gets spooky with seasonal tales that will make the hair on your arms stand up. November 7th is the last week to enjoy this frightful night of fun!