Tippler's Tour: Colonial Pub Crawl
Now known as one of the best beer drinking cities in the nation, Philadelphia didn’t earn this reputation overnight. From the brewing of the first American Porter to the tavern traditions of days gone by, learn the history behind Philadelphia’s storied beer drinking past on the famous Tippler's Tour Colonial Pub Crawl!
This weekly tour takes visitors on an adventure into the heart of Colonial Philadelphia’s pub culture with stops at three modern day watering holes and one Colonial tavern. Along the way, visitors will indulge in a sip of history while enjoying drinks and snacks at all four stops. Now complete with three seasonal flavors, there is always something new to discover on the Tippler’s Tour.
Ben Franklin's Birthday Limited Edition Tippler's Tour
Dr. Benjamin Franklin's SPECIAL Birthday Tippler's Tour returns for FOUR DATES ONLY in January 2016! Hit the streets of Historic Philadelphia with Ben and raise a toast to Philadelphia's favorite Founding Father in honor of his 310th birthday! Delight in lighthearted toasts and spirited songs, delivered by the famous inventor and statesmen himself, and enjoy savory snacks and seasonal beverages at four Old City pubs.
Due to the pending snow storm this coming weekend, we will be canceling our Ben’s Birthday Tippler Tour for Saturday, January 23rd. The tour will still run on Friday, January 22nd. If you had tickets for the 23rd and would like to move to the 22nd, we will be happy to accommodate. If not, a refund for Saturday’s tour will be issued.
- Tours depart from the Historic Philadelphia Center, 6th & Chestnut Streets and stops at The Franklin at Independence Park, National Mechanics, Victoria Freehouse and City Tavern
- Tours last approximately 2 hours.
- For additional information regarding ticketing, special accommodations, or other inquiries, please contact Tim Berry, Operations and Ticketing Manager, by email at email@example.com or call 215.629.5801 x303.
- To plan a private Tippler's Tour for a group of 20 or more, contact the Group Sales Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215.629.5801 x209.
- A total of about 7 blocks are walked throughout the evening.
- Tour concludes at the historic City Tavern at about 7:30pm.
- Please notify our team and tavern/location staff of any allergies or special needs.
- For directions, parking information, cab information, and mass transit information, please visit our Getting Here & Directions page
- Call 215.629.4026 if you have further unanswered questions
Click the video above to play!View Video Gallery »
Plan your group trip to Historic Philadelphia with unique experiences from the Betsy Ross House, Franklin Square, Lights of Liberty, and Once Upon A Nation! From interactive Storytelling tours and Philadelphia-themed mini golf to performances by historic reenactors and dazzling 3-D shows, it's all listed right here!
News & Alerts
No alerts at this time.