Tippler's Tour: Colonial Pub Crawl
Now known as one of the best beer drinking cities in the nation, Philadelphia didn’t earn this reputation overnight. From the brewing of the first American Porter to the tavern traditions of days gone by, learn the history behind Philadelphia’s storied beer drinking past on the famous Tippler's Tour Colonial Pub Crawl!
This weekly tour takes visitors on an adventure into the heart of Colonial Philadelphia’s pub culture with stops at modern day watering holes and a Colonial tavern. Along the way, visitors will indulge in a sip of history while enjoying drinks and snacks at Salon 401 at The Franklin, National Mechanics, plus the historical City Tavern. Now complete with three seasonal flavors, there is always something new to discover on the Tippler’s Tour.
Ben's Kites & Flights
Benjamin Franklin is missing, rumor has it he’s been spotted wandering in and out of various local pubs. Join a colonial guide and search for the electrifying statesman through three modern day watering holes and a colonial tavern. Learn facts about Dr. Franklin’s life and even raise a toast with Philadelphia’s favorite Founding Father at the historic City Tavern.
- May 25 - August 10: 5:30 pm, Thursdays
- Tours depart from the Independence Visitor Center, 6th & Market Streets (unless otherwise noted)
- Tours last approximately 2 hours.
- For additional information regarding ticketing, special accommodations, or other inquiries, please contact Visitor Services, by email at email@example.com or call 215.629.5801 x305.
- To plan a private Tippler's Tour for a group of 20 or more, contact Melissa Rucci, Group Sales Coordinator, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215.629.5801 x209.
- Tour concludes at the historic City Tavern at about 7:30pm.
- Please notify our team and tavern/location staff of any allergies or special needs.
- For directions, parking information, cab information, and mass transit information, please visit our Getting Here & Directions page
- Call 215.629.4026 if you have further unanswered questions
Plan your group trip to Historic Philadelphia with unique experiences from the Betsy Ross House, Franklin Square, and Once Upon A Nation! From interactive Storytelling tours and Philadelphia-themed mini golf to performances by historic reenactors, it's all listed right here!