Once Upon A Nation in Valley Forge
Just a few miles outside Historic Philadelphia, even more history awaits. Experience fantastic Once Upon A Nation programming at Valley Forge National Historical Park, where the past is alive and well. Funding made possible with proceeds from the Valley Forge Revolutionary 5-Mile Run.
Come and listen as specially trained storytellers share riveting stories of the Valley Forge encampment, and how it became a turning point in the Revolutionary War. Best of all, it’s completely FREE!
Locations & Hours
Once Upon A Nation Storytelling Benches are located at the Train Station at General Washington's Headquarters, the Valley Forge Visitors Center, and the Muhlenberg Brigade.
- May 26 - 28, Memorial Day Weekend: 11 am - 4 pm, daily
- June 2 - June 10: 11 am - 4 pm, Saturdays and Sundays
- June 11 - August 12: 11 am - 4 pm, daily
- August 18 - 26: 11 am - 4 pm, Saturdays and Sundays
- September 1 - 3, Labor Day Weekend: 11 am - 4 pm, daily
- September 8 - October 21: 11 am - 4 pm, Saturdays and Sundays
Valley Forge Secrets & Spies
George Washington needs your help! There’s rumor of a plot to have him kidnapped at Valley Forge. Be the first to enlist and join an American spy network to uncover the traitors involved. FREE! No reservation is required.
Location & Hours
Valley Forge Secrets & Spies begins at the Train Station at General Washington's Headquarters.
- June 9: 12:30 pm
- June 16: 12:30 pm and 2 pm
- June 23: 12:30 pm
- June 30: 12:30 pm
- July 4: 12:30 pm and 2 pm
- July 7, 14, 21 & 28: 12:30 pm
- August 4 & 11: 12:30 pm
- August 18: 12:30 pm and 2 pm